From Monday, May 18th, Highfield will reopen to golfers. In order to align with Health and Safety guidelines, golfers are required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Tee times must be booked in advance using the BRS System, online or over the phone. For guidelines on how to register for BRS, click here.
- Golfers must maintain a physical distance of 2 meters at all times.
- No fourballs will be permitted on the course, and tee times will be set at 14 minutes apart
- Golfers with symptoms are asked not to play.
- Golfers are asked to arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before their tee time.
- Golfers are asked to use the hand sanitizer provided where possible.
- Golfers are asked not to share equipment, food, drink and to avoid shaking hands.
- Golfers are asked to avoid touching ball washers, bunker rakes, benches and any other communal equipment on the course.
- Golfers are asked to examine the GUI Guidelines on Safe Return to Golf which can be found here:
- Golfers are asked to avoid the use of Golf Buggies. Where necessary, one person may use the buggy unless two are from the same household.
What we are doing:
To ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all our golfers, we are doing as much as we can to make Golf at Highfield safe during these difficult times. This includes:
- Ensuring the time sheet is adhered to and keeping a record of all golfers on the course to facilitate contact tracing should it be required.
- Having someone on the course responsible for ensuring guidelines are being adhered to.
- Providing hand sanitizer for both golfers and staff, and ensuring equipment such as range buckets, trolleys and buggies are disinfected after each use.
- Making changes to the course layout to ensure maximum physical distancing it allowed.
- Modifying the cups to ensure easy retrieval of golf balls from the hole.
- Removing bunker rakes and other communal equipment from the course where possible.
- Limiting clubhouse facilities to the reception and toilet facilities.